Thursday, January 29, 2009

Free-Association Synthesizing, but w/o the Purple Trench Coat

Here's the way my head is working today: Blog -> Synthesizing -> Synthesizer -> Synthesizer riff -> DMSR.

Alice says the thing she likes about my blog is the way I "pull things together." And, certainly for my longer posts, I tend to try to knit together a distillation of my thoughts by gathering pull-quotes from multiple sources on any given topic.

It is a matter of processing and synthesizing the opinions of others in order to figure out what I ultimately think.

The word synthesizing got me to think about the synthesizer as a musical instrument. This got me to thinking about my favorite synthesizer riff in any song I could remember.

And so, without further ado, I present Prince releasing the hounds of funk on DMSR.

All the white people clap your hands on the floor now...

Watch more imeem videos on AOL Video



(P.S. Prince-nerd shout out: Those of similiar ilk to myself will recall this one as featured during one of the party scenes at Tom Cruise's house in Risky Business.)

No comments: