Friday, January 23, 2009

A 5 foot 2 inch black man who can slay with a guitar

I still remember seeing this performance live on TV from over 20 years ago. I told Alice, before even finding the video on the Interwebs, what he was wearing and about the moment when he kicks the microphone over (you could see Cyndi Lauper stand and pump her fist in the audience, but is not easily visible here due to the poor video quality).

Needless to say, the accuracy of my recall indicates that I:

a) am not yet currently showing signs of senility, and;
b) was a massive, fanatical Prince fan as a high school student.

But, with performances like this, who could blame me... (keep scrolling, couldn't figure out why this extra white space appears)









1 comment:

Paul Leary said...

Haha, Prince is 5.2?? Jesus that is short. Great video though, he is such a rockstar.